Thursday, September 16, 2010

Is Technology Dependent on Us?

Technology has become a big issue in today’s society. Everyone comes across several types of technology from day to day daily life. For example there are subways, cars, for transportation also; television, radios, cell phones and etc. Interaction with technology is a part of human society without we might suffer and not be able to survive. Therefore, as a individual I depend on electronics for contact, emergencies, and because I would not be able to survive.
Using my cell phone is something I depend on the most. First of all, it’s important for me to be able to contact family members or friends. What if one day I’m in a lot of trouble by being lost without any money, alone how would I get home? If money wasn’t made by electronic devices I would not be able to pay a cab or hop in the train to get home safely. Or how about if cars or subways where not made how would I get home probably by animal or walking because without electronic we would be living the old age basically cavemen/women ages.
We become very spoiled of technology us humans. We depend on it on a daily basis. There are other devices besides cell phones that are very important not only to me but i believe others. Computer usage is a huge effect on today's society. For example the social networks, myspace, facebook, etc. These are some major interent networks were people interact with eachother. Which to me is fun to find my friends and keep intouch with them but also makes us lazy. If everything is right there infront of us we become addicted to it and not let us go enjoy the outdoors by playing a sport. Which can also cause obesity.
Overall, Technology is a huge issue to today's society. We depend on all these devices which is very unhealthy for our mind and body. I admit I am very dependent on my electronics but I have to realize that it is not acceptable. We will not be able to survive without our elctronics. Do you believe this is good or bad?

No comments:

Post a Comment