Wednesday, September 22, 2010

blog 1.2 :My Hero's Quest.

Everyone is a Hero in several ways. I believe I ‘am a Hero, I had the calling of attending college. Being able to wake up and stay from eleven till eight at night. Was this my choice? Well yes because I believed I could major in accounting and make lots of money as I grow up. I had my mind focused into saving money or at least making enough money to support and raise my family. As I witness my family struggling from a day to day basis I wanted to achieve more than what they did. So I said I had to overcome this fantasy and make it reality. I had to stay committed to this Journey I was soon going to face. I had the support of my friends and family also, the push to achieve this goal.
My first day as my Hero's Journey started when I opened my eyes and entered my Threshold which was the doors to enter LaGuardia Community College. As I separated from the world of relaxation to working hard every day of my next couple of years, I realized that I had now entered my adult stage in life and there won’t be a lot of time to hang out and have fun all the time. Even though separating from my normal routine can be difficult it’s just something I must accomplish. From being lazy, relaxing to starting a whole new world brought new obstacles I had to face. This fantasy I was in all summer of staying home or just hanging around with friends/family was something I thought I would stay with forever but it wasn’t. I had to wake up and smell the coffee. This was not reality; reality was something I was going to face in the next couple of years as I enter LaGuardia.
There were some temptations of staying home to relax between classes or even before class started. The thought of just laying in bed instead of sitting in a class all day really hit me. But the wakeup call of my mother’s voice just builds me with more power to get up and attend my class is all that is needed to move along. Without this inspiration I think I would’ve still been in bed. Even the pressure of my being seventeen and needing those days to relax and be with my friends that I’m not going to have anymore. Having these long days really made me want to quit and break down inside. As my day goes on I find myself with more confidence in getting closer to either ending the day successfully or getting closer to the prize which is passing my classes.
As I return home I find myself relaxed and happy that I finished my task every day. From waking up to sitting, listening in each class helps me have more knowledge and can help others. Right now I’m pushing my friends to finish high school and even some finish college. It’s difficult for people to succeed in life without a good education and with me believing in myself to finish my hero’s journey in a daily basis I believe and want to push others to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment